“Paribartit Nepal” Kimff Short Film Competition 2019
Rules & Regulations
Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival (KIMFF) is excited to launch a competition of short films that highlight narratives that reflect how Nepalis have experienced the momentous social and political changes that have taken place in our recent past.
We invite Nepali filmmakers to create thought provoking films that underline the realities, experiences and perceptions of the transformations that define contemporary Nepal with the objective of contributing to a public dialogue on diverse aspects of Nepal through individual narratives and experiences.
Entries should be a maximum of 3 minutes. Submission deadline is 4:00 pm 15 November. Submissions are accepted in DVD or URL link. Films can include documentary, fiction, experimental, animation, oral testimonies and personal stories. Films submitted should be innovative, thought provoking and original in concept.
- Entrant must be a Nepali citizen or a person of Nepali origin.
- Entries submitted must be entirely the entrant's own work. By participating in this competition, the entrant warrants that he/she is the exclusive owner of the entry, including any copyright of the entry. Any plagiarism discovered at any stage of the competition will immediately render the entry invalid.
- Employees of the competition organizers/ sponsors are not eligible to participate.
- Filmmakers must give due credit to the story source/ persons/ institutions who have contributed to the film.
- Films must not contain any obscene, unlawful or objectionable material. The film should not be discriminatory on the grounds of religion, ethnicity, caste or gender.
- Copyright of all films submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, by entering this competition the filmmakers grant the organizers, Kimff perpetual license to broadcast /screen their films during and after the competition, as and when required, for non-commercial purposes. The filmmakers will be credited during such use.
- The dispatching of any film to the competition implies acceptance of the competition regulations. In case of any controversy on a matter not covered in the regulations, the competition organizers will decide on appropriate action. The organizer's decision shall be final.
- If films are made in Nepali they must be subtitled or dubbed in English.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES
All entries must reach the competition organizers in Kathmandu by 4:00 pm on 15 November, 2019.
JURY AND AWARDS
Trophies, along with citations, will be awarded for overall excellence to the winners of the three best films, which demonstrate originality and topical relevance on the selected theme. A three-member jury will judge the films. The judges’ decision will be final.
Winners of the top three shorts will receive cash awards:
|1st Prize -||NRs. 40,000|
|2nd Prize -||NRs. 30,000|
|3rd Prize -||NRs. 20,000|
The Top 10 Shorts will be screened at Kimff 2019, 11-15 December. They will be included in Travelling Kimff 2020.
The Top 25 entries will be invited to attend screenings, filmmaking masterclasses, and satellite events at Kimff 2019.
The top ten shorts will be featured on Kimff social media platforms and will be used by Kimff for communication and outreach purposes.
Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival (kimff)
Lazimpat, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- P.O.Box 166, Patan Dhoka,
- Lalitpur, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Tel: +977-1-4440635